Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Letter 26 Mesa, Arizona May 1, 2017

Hi everyone!

I cant believe it is already May! The weeks and months seem to be passing so quickly. I am approaching my 8 month mark! I can't believe it! I want time to slowdown!

We have been working with a lot of less active members in the wards we cover. It has been such a blessing to be in their homes! We have made goals with almost all of them to get them back to the Temple! So exciting! They are all coming back to church, and looking forward to walking through the doors of the House of the Lord again.

Sister Bound and I continue to find new investigators! We are hoping for 2 of them to have a baptismal date here in the next few days!

This week, all of the missionaries in our district were able to help with a free car wash at the church! While people were getting their cars washed, they were offered a free tour of the church building! We as the missionaries were assigned to give everyone the tour of the building. There were 3 people who walked into the building who only spoke Spanish. Funny thing is, I am the only Spanish missionary in our district! So, I got to give the tour of the church by myself! I was really nervous at first, because I hasn't spoken Spanish in so long.
But, we were all able to feel the Spirit, especially as we walked into the chapel. It was so cool! The church is true in English, AND Spanish!

I have been reflecting a lot on the Earthly ministry of Christ. I am reading the New Testament and focusing on His life, and how He treated others. It has been an amazing experience to read the words of our Advocate, and how He genuinely loved everyone He came across. I have been inspired by Him, and I have challenged myself to offer kindness and help to all I have met. I have felt myself become happier, and enjoy my time in Arizona so much more. I have been able to feel of the Spirit more, and to feel of the peace that is offered by and through His Atonement. I am so grateful for the perfect example that Christ continues to show! I challenge you each to find how you can serve those around you this week!

I love you all so much! I am thankful for all the support you each have given me. I hope I can pay it forward.

Love you! Until next week!
Hermana Abigail Valenta


We played mini golf for our district activity today!


Afterward we went to a Korean restaurant! Super fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment