Saturday, May 20, 2017

Letter 28 Mesa, Arizona May 15, 2015

Hi everyone!

This is been a really great week! The mission is my favorite place to be - as usual! We got to go to the Gilbert Temple on Tuesday! It was so beautiful! I had never been inside before, so it was a really great experience. We went with some members we have been working with for a bit now! It was so great to be in the House of the Lord with them! 

I just wanted to share a miracle from Thursday. We have been working with a woman named Marjory for the past few months. She has been meeting with missionaries for like a year! The lessons have never really clicked completely with her, so she doesn't have a lot of motivation to come to church or anything. On Thursday, Sister Bound and I both were looking through our area book to see who we could find. Both of us turned to each other and said we felt like we needed to go see Marjory that moment. Immediately, we drove up to Marjory's apartment, and just as we pulled up, Marjory opened her door to sit outside with her dog. We jumped out of the car and ran to her. When she saw us, she started crying! She explained, "I had just prayed for the first time in a long time that she could find comfort and peace, and then BAM here you both are!" We sat down and talked to her for a while, and testified of our Heavenly Father's love for her. We all 3 ended up in tears! The Spirit was so strong!! AND, Marjory told us that she wants to be baptized!!!!!!! AND, that she wants to go to church!!!!!!! I am so thankful that Heavenly Father led us to find Marjory that day. I know He will also lead you in your every day lives - if you let Him.

We also went on exchanges the other day, so I was with Sister Jun! We had a lot of tender mercies happen while on exchanges! We were able to make appointments with 3 different people who would never answer their doors before. So cool! We are looking forward to working with so many new people!

The Lord really does love us. I am so thankful for the time I have as a missionary to see people's lives change. I have witnessed the Spirit touching a person's heart for the first time. It is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I love helping others come closer to their Savior! 
I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day! I am truly blessed to have my beautiful mother in my life! Shout out to Momma Valenta!!! I love ya!!

Until next week everyone!!
Love,

Hermana Abigail Valenta


Me slack lining!!! 


 My district! We made barbecue today in honor of our last district P-Day

Skyping home for Mother's Day!!

My favorite dog in the world!

Sister Jun and I on exchanges!

 This is Carla who used to live in Nicholasville and then her family moved to Arizona. Carla took her mom to church on Sunday and saw Abigail's name in the ward bulletin and she went to track her down!!  So glad she did because we got this awesome picture sent to us on Mother's Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment