Monday, February 27, 2017

Letter 17 Mesa, Arizona February 27, 2017

Hi everyone!

This week has been such a whirlwind, but it has all paid off! My companion Sister Irizarry has been sick with the flu for the past 5 days! The poor girl couldn't eat anything for those whole 5 days! So sad :( BUT, she is recovering and feeling much better now! I wish I had a lot to share this week, but with being inside, there was just a bunch of studying haha!

But, yesterday (Sunday) our investigator Luis was baptized! Luis is only 12! He has been so excited for his baptism since the day we talked about it! A youth named Daniel baptized him! It was so cool! The second Luis came out of the water, he was smiling so big! After he changed and sat down, I came up to talk to him. I asked him how he felt, and he said, "I am so happy, Sister Valenta! All my sins are gone, and I am so clean! I feel like I want to scream - but in a good way! I want everyone to feel like this!" My eyes watered. It was so amazing to see his happiness radiating from him. His parents are so excited for him, and they said they can't wait until they are baptized too! So exciting!

Well, transfers are this Wednesday, so we're excited to see what happens! 
I love you all! Have a great week!

Hermana Abigail Valenta


 Me, a youth Jason, Daniel, Luis, Sister Irizarry

Me, Sister Irizarry, Luis and Daniel

Me, Sister Irizarry, Elder Madriaga, Elder Inchin. Elder Madriaga finished his mission today, and is on his way home to the Philippines!

 We ate cactus again the other day!

Questions From Mom


Did you have a baptism on Saturday? Tell us all about it!
It was changed to this last Sunday! It was so amazing! Luis was soooooo happy, and he couldn't stop smiling! It was so good to see him so excited. His little brother keeps asking when he can get baptized too!

Did you get the Valenta’s Day (the Valenta name for Valentine's Day) box we sent?

I did! Thank you so so so much! We haven't really been able to eat much of it yet, because Sister Irizarry has been sick with the flu for the past 5 days, so chocolate isn't high on the list of desires for her right now. But, maybe this next week!

What is one of the things you have learned while being on your mission?
I have learned to stay positive in every situation. It is easy to get down and sad out here in the mission, but it is also easy to choose to stay happy. Happiness is a choice, and it's one that I have learned to make every day!

What was your best experience of the week?
Because we have been in most of the week due to Sister Irizarry having the flu, we weren't able to talk to too many people. But, Luis' baptism was a really amazing thing to watch. A lot of obstacles popped up on the days leading up to the baptism, but it was so cool to watch the Lord fix them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment