Monday, February 6, 2017

Letter 14 Mesa, AZ February 6. 2017

Hi Everyone!

This week has gone by so fast! I have been out for almost 5 months now! So crazy to think about how fast the time goes. I never want my time as a missionary to end.

I don't have much to report this week, because a lot of crazy things happened, and so we weren't able to teach a lot. BUT, our investigator family, the González's came to church for the 3rd time! They are falling in love with the Gospel, and it is so fun to watch.

We were actually teaching the Gonzalez Family on Saturday, and during the lesson, one of the daughters asked if she had to be baptized again if she wanted to join the church. We explained that she would have to be baptized by the proper authority of God. She was a little upset, and said she's already been baptized, so she doesn't want to do it again. Then, her dad (who is also an investigator) said to her,  "No! Do you not understand? After the death of Jesus Christ, the proper authority of God was taken off the earth! But, that authority to baptize and stuff has been restored by a prophet of God named José Smith! You need to be baptized by the proper authority of God!"

I WAS SPEECHLESS. Like, he was spouting off straight up Preach My Gospel! (a publication missionaries teach from) My eyes actually watered because I was so impressed and happy! But, it was a different kind of happy. It was a happiness that only comes from the Spirit. It was such an incredible experience to watch someone who knew nothing 3 weeks ago, testify of the Restoration. I am so proud of our investigators, and I know the Lord is too! The Gonzalez Family is praying about being baptized on the 18th of February. So, we are hoping they receive an answer soon! We're so excited!

I love you all! 

Till next week,
Hermana Abigail Valenta

These awesome missionaries.... :D  


No comments:

Post a Comment