Monday, February 20, 2017

Letter 16 Mesa, Arizona February 20, 2017

Hey everyone! 

The weeks out here in Arizona are zooming by! I have loved my time out here so far, and I am looking forward to the rest of it! This week, I got to have a really cool experience. We did exchanges for a day, so my companion, Sister Irizarry went to a different area, and an English speaking Sister came with me to Mesa. I was so nervous because I had never led the area before, and Spanish by myself is a little scary haha! But, as I focused more on the Spirit instead of my imperfections of Spanish, I was able to speak with power and with clarity! It was so amazing to watch! We were able to find some new investigators as well! So cool! 

This week, we have been preparing Luis Gonzalez Jr. (one of the sons in the Gonzalez Family) to be baptized this Saturday! It surprises me how much I learn every day from investigators. Luis is so ready to be baptized! When we asked him why he wanted to be baptized in this specific church, he said: "Because I feel in my heart that it is good, and I know this church is true." 
AHHHH it was so cool! We are so excited for him!

In other news, my brother Andrew was passing through Arizona and visited my Uncle, and my Mission President gave me permission to see them!
I was so happy to see them! I love them so much!! ❤ 


Anyway, the work is progressing here in Mesa! I am so excited to see what the Lord has planned for this area!

I hope you all are doing well! Remember to read your scriptures every night, and pray fervently like your life depends on it - because it kinda does!

I love you all!


-Hermana Abigail Valenta

No comments:

Post a Comment