Monday, January 23, 2017

Letter 12 Mesa, AZ January 23, 2017

Hi everyone!

Sorry I haven't written any interesting emails in a while! I thought I would catch you all up on some cool things!

Transfers happened this past week, and Sister Irizarry and I are both staying here in Mesa together! We are so excited about the work here in Mesa, and we're ready to blow up our area in these next 6 weeks!
We have 6 FAMILIES we are working with! They are all so amazing, and are all bound to be baptized soon! We love watching them progress and come unto Christ more each day.

We started an English class! 22 people showed up for the first class, and everyone has returned for the following classes! We only knew 2 of the people who came! The class is going so well, and a few of the class members came up to US and ASKED if they could attend church! So cool!

We were teaching one of our investigator families about Temples the other day. They all started crying when they found out they could be together as a family for eternity. They asked us how they can make it to the Temple. We told them the first step was baptism, and the 13 year old boy (he's the one we initially started teaching about 3 weeks ago) said, "Please Hermanas, tell me how I can be baptized." IT MELTED MY HEART! Right then and there, we put him on date to be baptized on the 11th of February! We are so excited! The rest of his family members said they need to pray about it before they can agree. But, it's progress! We're SO excited!

Seriously, I can't explain the love I have for missionary work. I have fallen in love with these people, and I couldn't imagine my life right now if I weren't a missionary. I am so thankful for the time the Lord has given me to serve in this part of His Vineyard.

I hope you are all doing so well!

"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation." - 2 Nephi 22:2

I love you all! Until next week!

Hermana Abigail Valenta

Hermana by the lake! :D

 Holding the sign for their English classes!

Abigail found a friend!

Valentina is close enough to Valenta! :)

The Abigail we know and love! :D

Questions from Mom

Is Sister Irizarry still your companion or did she get transferred?
I haven't been transferred, and neither has Sister Irizarry! We are so happy we get to stay together for another transfer!

Tell me two great things about Sister Irizarry!
2 great things about Sister Irizarry
- Sister Irizarry and I have become such good friends! She and I can literally talk to each other about ANYTHING! Something I love about her is that she cares for me so much. She is always asking me how I'm doing, and what she can do for me. She is so sweet and caring. Also, she helps me a lot with Spanish! She grew up speaking both Spanish and English, and so she always helps me out when I'm struggling. She's amazing and I love her!

What was your best experience of the week?
It broke our hearts this week to find out that one of our investigators and his family were evicted from heir house a few nights ago. They are currently homeless, and they were nervous about sleeping in the cold. Sister Irizarry AND I got permission to go to DI and buy the family blankets so they wouldn't be cold tonight. They found a an abandoned building to stay in for a few nights, but to see the gratitude in their eyes was amazing. These amazing people then asked us what THEY could do for US! Here they are, after they have lost everything, and they still want to give. I love these amazing people and their love for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment