Monday, December 26, 2016

Letter 9 Mesa, AZ December 26 2016

Hi everyone!

I hope you had an amazing Christmas! I always have loved Christmas time, because it seems like everyone is more open, more loving and happier. It was so awesome to be able to Skype my family yesterday! They are so amazing, and I love them. 

This week was an amazing one! Sister Irizarry and I were able to be tools repeatedly in the Hands of the Lord this week. There was a woman whose car died in the middle of the highway the other day. Sister Irizarry looked at me and said, "Let's go help her!" I was shocked because we were on a busy highway! She pulled the car over, and we jumped out. We ran into the street and asked her if we could push her car. She almost cried and told us we could try. Together, Sister Irizarry and I pushed a car down the highway... 2 girls in skirts, and one recovering from a broken elbow haha! I don't know how, but we were able to push the car by ourselves... but really, we know that angels were helping us the whole way. I am so thankful Sister Irizarry felt impressed to help her! I hope we were able to help her feel of God's love that day! 

We have a family we are teaching. They are the sweetest people on earth, and have been through so much. The mom expressed to us that Christmas was going to be really hard this year money wise. Sister Irizarry and I felt very strongly that the Lord needed us to help her. We talked to our Bishop, and he felt so as well! We went to the Bishop's Storehouse on Christmas Eve morning, and got everything she would need. We delivered the groceries to her that night as a Christmas gift. She was so thankful, and her heart was full of the Light of Christ. After we left, Sister Irizarry and I agreed that this has been the best Christmas ever, simply because we have never been able to give so much - give groceries, give our time, but most importantly give of ourselves. 

This time I am spending out here in Arizona is truly for the Lord. I want to be able to help as many people as I can for the rest of the 14 months I am here. I love the Lord, and I love sharing this beautiful Gospel. The Gospel is simple. The Gospel is love and service. 

I am so thankful for Christmas, and for the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. Let us not forget why He was born. He was born to redeem us all, and to help us back to Father. Remember Him always. He is the reason for the season. 

As you give of yourself, the Lord will bless you. 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone! Stay warm!

-Hermana Abigail Valenta

Mi familia  

We live with a member here in Mesa, and she has a dog named Sugar! 
This was Sugar's Christmas present!!

It's a Christmas miracle!! Sugar doesn't let anyone hold her expect for
 her owner... but, she let me hold her yesterday!

Sister Irizarry and I got some cool Christmas socks!


We went to the Christmas Lights with some investigators and friends!
 Bishop snapped this picture during our lesson with them outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment