Monday, November 7, 2016

Letter 2 Gila Bend, AZ November 7, 2016

Abigail sent a letter for the blog.... :)
Hey everyone! 
This week has been pretty packed! We had a double baptism on Saturday! Mardes and Robert are mother and son, and they couldn't be happier after their baptism! I loved teaching them along this journey of theirs! 
This week has had a lot of ups and downs. I think I am finally starting to adjust to missionary life. A mission is definitely hard, but when you're focused on helping the lives of others, it becomes so fun! Gila Bend and Ajo are my areas right now! They're both itty bitty little towns, but I love it here! My Spanish isn't exactly great, but I'm improving each day! 
My testimony of the Gospel has grown so much in these 2 short months. Families are so important to our Heavenly Father's Plan! I know that as we are part of our own families, we are also part of our Heavenly Father's Family as well. He loves you individually, and knows you by name. We are given trials and challenges to become strengthened, and to demonstrate our faith in Jesus Christ. His Atonement is real. I love this Gospel so much!
I love the scripture in 2 Nephi 4:20. 
"My God hath been my support; he hath led me through mine afflictions in the wilderness; and he hath preserved me upon the waters of the great deep."
I know He has preserved me upon the waters of the great deeps in my life, and He will preserve you as well.

I love you all! Until next week!


Hermana Valenta



Questions from Mom

Last week you gave an address of where you are in Gila Bend but there was a street address AND a P.O. box…which one do we use?
You just put down that entire address, and it'll get to me just fine


What is your daily routine (time you get up, when do you tract?)
We get up at 6:30, exercise for 30 minutes, and we get ready until 8, and then we study from 8-11 or 12. Then, we drive to Ajo on Thur-Saturday for an hour, and then proselyte until we have to be home at 9!

Do you speak a combination of English and Spanish during your day? Which do you use more?
A combination of both, but a little bit more English than Spanish right now

How big is the ward or branch there in Gila Bend?
In the Gila Bend Branch, there are about 20 on a good day. But half of them are from Maricopa because Gila Bend is so small that they call members to be in the branch instead of their normal wards. (This is what we did as a family for over a year and a half! We traveled an hour and 45 minutes away each Sunday to attend a small branch. I am sure it reminds Abigail of the days that we did that very thing!) 

What is the weather like, still hot or cooling off?
It is pretty warm to me, because Mexico was so cold!! But everyone here is already wearing jackets and complaining about the cold haha

Will you send us more pictures? :)
Yes

What was your most memorable experience from this past week?  
We had a double baptism on Saturday!!!

I am beginning to think about Christmas….anything you can think of that you’d like?
I love Christmas!! Maybe some clothes haha... so funny story.... a skirt and all of my jewelry was stolen from my bag in Mexico I think.... my room in the MTC was completely empty when we left, we had everyone make sure. And I remember putting that white flowy skirt (NO! Not THAT skirt! UGH!) AND distinctly my foldable bag of jewelry in my suitcase. And now, they aren't there.... I am really sad... the mission president's wife has been searching for them everywhere in her house where I stayed the first night, and the car where our luggage was, but it's not there ☹️

Do I ask too many questions? :)
Never

No comments:

Post a Comment