Saturday, October 8, 2016

Letter 2 September 30, 2016 Mexico MTC

Hermana Valenta with her MTC companion, Hermana Coffeen from California!

Hello everyone! 

This week has been full of adventure! 
Last week, we went to the Mexico City Temple! It was so beautiful, and huge! While we were inside, there were 2 small earthquakes! It was definitely an interesting experience haha! But apparently that happens so often, the natives didn't really even acknowledge it! Crazy stuff! 

We have been in a lot of classes this week, and we were challenged to share The Plan of Salvation in Spanish in 3 minutes! And I did it!! It was really crazy! I have been learning so much here in such a short amount of time! 

Our instructor does role plays with us, and acts as an investigator that me and my companion have to teach. Yesterday, he came up to me and my companion and said we are some of the most advanced missionaries he has seen at the MTC! He asked us if we could be mentors with him and go around the MTC to help missionaries with their Spanish! I am so nervous!

I am truly blessed to be out here on a mission! Everyday just gets better and better! My time here in Mexico is almost half over! Only 3 more weeks! I am so excited to get to Arizona!
   
I love you guys so much! Thank you for all of your prayers and support! 

Love you all!

I send Abigail a separate email that has just our questions for her so she doesn't have to wade through our letter to pick out the questions to answer. Here are a few of the questions....

Do you get to go to the temple weekly while you are at the MTC?
We only get to go to the Temple 3 time while we are here. Lucky us, we get to go again today in about an hour! It was way hard to do the session in Spanish, but it was really cool as well. 

Are you having phone withdrawal? ;)
I don't miss my phone at all... the only thing I miss is music, and the weather app.... IT IS SO COLD HERE IN MEXICO! It rains constantly, and I was not prepared for that! All of my clothes were packed with Arizona in mind haha! It is so cold and rainy but its okay! My district and I just run around in the rain and play in the puddles. My zapatos (shoes in Spanish) are soaked, but the memories will be with my forever haha!

What is your favorite scripture for the missionary plaque they will put up at church?
2 Nephi 4:19 & 20 

"...I know in whom I have trusted.
My God hath been my support; he hath led me through mine afflictions in the wilderness; and he hath preserved me upon the waters of the great deep."


Hermana Valenta with her companion Hermana Coffeen



Elders and Sisters in front of the MCT 


The Mexico City Temple

Mexico Flag

Hermanas

No comments:

Post a Comment